Reasons to Join the ChamberSep 30, 2013
Joining the Chamber of Commerce gives you access to financially valuable member programs, to business networking opportunities, and to a host of other benefits. Most of all, it's a chance to become involved, make new connections, have your voice heard, and help build a better community for all of us.
- Money Saving Benefits – Benefits include access to affordable health and dental insurance packages for businesses with 1-50 employees, discounts on goods and services, and referrals to local businesses who can help you with your needs.
- Provincial and National Affiliations - Through the Gibsons Chamber you become a member of the BC Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, which provide a wealth of information and resources for businesses of all sizes.
- Advocacy – We work with municipal and regional government to advocate for the interests of business in local issues, and matters of policy and regulation. We facilitate partnership building between community groups with similar goals, and offer support to progressive community initiatives. We communicate timely and relevant information to our members and other groups in the community.
Last, but not least, we work behind the scenes with individual business owners to resolve problems. Business owners can find it difficult to advocate on their own behalf because they do not want to alienate people who are also their customers. We can help.
- Marketing Opportunities - The Chamber offers free promotional opportunities to members. These include: web directory listings, brochure distribution through the Visitor Information Centre and our office, window displays in our mall office, and discounts on display advertising on our website, in publications, and at the Visitor Information Park.
- Education and Networking Opportunities – We keep our members informed about local issues and events through monthly e-newsletters. We organize trade shows, meetings, and training programs, and hold regular Business After Hours get-togethers where members can meet informally. There is a good chance that other local business people have walked the same road as you, and can offer advice and support as you pursue your business and career goals.
- Reputation - Your Chamber of Commerce promotes professional and ethical conduct and business practices. When customers see our sticker on your door or our name on your website, they know that you support business excellence.
- Participation - As a full voting member you help elect the executive and can add your voice to shaping our initiatives and policy. Volunteering for the board is also a tremendous way to build business relationships, friendships and community.
- Office Services - Members have access to copying and fax service, and board table meeting space through our office. We also provide friendly information and contacts, which can be particularly helpful to newcomers and those starting new businesses.
- Visibility – Through awarding high school scholarships and participating in community events such as the Sea Cavalcade Parade, we remind everyone about the vital contribution that local business makes to the community.