Benefits of the Gibsons & District Chamber of CommerceFeb 4, 2016
YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN OVER 220 SUNSHINE COAST BUSINESSES HERE AT
GIBSONS & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
“The Voice of Business on the Sunshine Coast”
“The Voice of Business on the Sunshine Coast”
The Gibsons & District Chamber of Commerce is here to support you. We represent businesses of all sizes, formats, segments and location. Members receive numerous promotional perks, exclusive advertising and networking options, and additional exposure for their companies or organizations. It’s actually quite simple– a chamber of commerce is a group that’s dedicated to protecting and promoting the local business community. The primary goal? To help business owners network and grow.
Our communication tools are: the Gibsons Chamber Web site www.gibsonschamber.com through our Chamber Connector Newsletter (goes to over 660 subscribers), - our Member2Member Bulletin (to over 220 members Coast Wide), Direct Mail
- To support your business we provide website directory listing with tile ad
- After Hours Event Host - present business / network / connect
- Member 2 Member promotion opportunities. Special incentives to other Chamber members to secure their patronage
- Workshops - Professional presenters of business oriented topics that will provide, information, tools, examples and updates on current markets
- Event Sponsoring allows you to key note presenter / speaker, a display of your business and receive advertising focus in newspapers, on the web, in our newsletters
- Chamber Window Display - be the sole advertiser in our large picture window display space in Sunnycrest Mall. High pedestrian traffic 7 days a week for a whole month.
- Card Racking at the Chamber office and in the Gibsons Visitor Information Centre in Lower Gibsons - 12,000 visitors throughout the prime tourism period
- Advertising Opportunity - Display signage at the VISITOR INFORMATION PARK on Stewart Rd at top of highway connector from Ferry Terminal. Up to 17,000 vehicles a day during busy Tourism Season.
GIVE US A CALL 604 886-2325
SEE US ON THE WEB
STOP INTO OUR OFFICE AND LETS TALK
Joining the Chamber of Commerce gives you access to financially valuable member programs, to business networking opportunities, and to a host of other benefits. Most of all, it's a chance to become involved, make new connections, have your voice heard, and help build a better community for all of us.
- Money Saving Benefits – Benefits include access to affordable health and dental insurance packages for businesses with 1-50 employees, discounts on goods and services, and referrals to local businesses who can help you with your needs.
- Affiliations - Through the Gibsons Chamber you become a member of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, which provides a wealth of information and resources for businesses of all sizes, and you join a network of chambers of commerce across the country.
- Advocacy – We work with municipal and regional government to advocate for the interests of business in local issues, and matters of policy and regulation. We facilitate partnership building between community groups with similar goals, and offer support to progressive community initiatives. We communicate timely and relevant information to our members and other groups in the community.
Last, but not least, we work behind the scenes with individual business owners to resolve problems. Business owners can find it difficult to advocate on their own behalf because they do not want to alienate people who are also their customers. We can help.
- Marketing Opportunities - The Chamber offers free promotional opportunities to members. These include: web directory listings, brochure distribution through the Visitor Information Centre and our office, window displays in our mall office, and discounts on display advertising on our website, in publications, and at the Visitor Information Park.
- Education and Networking Opportunities – We keep our members informed about local issues and events through monthly e-newsletters. We organize trade shows, meetings, and training programs, and hold regular Business After Hours get-togethers where members can meet informally. There is a good chance that other local business people have walked the same road as you, and can offer advice and support as you pursue your business and career goals.
- Reputation - Your Chamber of Commerce promotes professional and ethical conduct and business practices. When customers see our sticker on your door or our name on your website, they know that you support business excellence.
- Participation - As a full voting member you help elect the executive and can add your voice to shaping our initiatives and policy. Volunteering for the board is also a tremendous way to build business relationships, friendships and community.
- Office Services - Members have access to copying and fax service, and board table meeting space through our office. We also provide friendly information and contacts, which can be particularly helpful to newcomers and those starting new businesses.
- Visibility – Through awarding high school scholarships and participating in community events such as the Sea Cavalcade Parade, we remind everyone about the vital contribution that local business makes to the community.