Canada Youth Summer Jobs Program
Visitor Information Advisor
The Gibsons & District Chamber of Commerce will again operate the Gibsons & District Visitor Information Kiosk located in the Visitor Information Park at the top of the bypass on the Sunshine Coast Highway to upper Gibsons. We are seeking a Visitor Information Advisor to provide the following services within a 30-35 hour work week with a primary focus on Thursday to Monday over the summer:
- Staff the mobile Information Kiosk at the top of the bypass above the Langdale Ferry docks during peak BC Ferry arrival times.
- Provide visitor information highlighting the unique businesses and activities in the Gibsons & District as well as the Lower Sunshine Coast.
- Provide maps, guides and literature to visitors and ensure the kiosk is well stocked with useful information for the travellers, residents and visitors alike.
- Communicate where information and support can be sourced.
- Provide online assistance to travellers regarding available events, transportation and accommodations on the lower Sunshine Coast
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to administration assistance.
- Applicants must be committed to attending high school or post-secondary school in the fall of 2021.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Personable and outgoing, strong interpersonal skills with advanced communication skills (written and spoken).
- Customer focused and takes initiative in ensuring visitors receive superior service.
- Knowledge of Gibsons & District in particular, and the Sunshine Coast in general.
- Adept at internet based search and navigation tools along with use of Microsoft Office.
The qualified student will be paid a minimum of $15.20 per hour, depending on skills and experience. In accordance with Canada Summer Jobs criteria, the student must be returning to school in the fall of 2021.
In addition, students will gain exposure to local businesses, Chamber operations and board governance along with gaining area knowledge that will be of value in post-secondary education and future employment on the Sunshine Coast.
Apply by email before Monday, May 31, 2021. Include a resumé and a cover letter or description of why you think you are best suited for this job.
Only qualified applicants will be notified. Send your application to Chris Nicholls, Executive Director, Gibsons Chamber of Commerce at email@example.com