Work with us over the summer! The Gibsons & District Chamber of Commerce is hiring a Visitor Information Advisor to manage the kiosk at the Visitor Information Park at the top of the bypass in Gibsons.
The qualified candidate will work 30-35 hours a week with primary focus on Thursday to Monday over the summer (coinciding with the BC Ferries schedule), and provide the following services:
- Staff the mobile Information Kiosk at the top of the bypass above the Langdale Ferry docks during peak BC Ferries arrival times.
- Provide visitor information highlighting the unique businesses and activities in the Gibsons region as well as the Lower Sunshine Coast.
- Provide maps, guides and literature to visitors and ensure the kiosk is well stocked with useful information for the travellers, residents and visitors alike.
- Communicate where information and support can be sourced.
- Knowledge of attractions, events and the local area.
- Provide online assistance to travellers regarding available events, transportation and accommodations on the lower Sunshine Coast.
- Record and organize all visitor interactions.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Gibsons & District Chamber staff.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to administration assistance and social media assistance.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Personable and outgoing, strong interpersonal skills with advanced communication skills (written and spoken).
- Customer focused and takes initiative in ensuring visitors receive superior service.
- Knowledge of Gibsons & District in particular, and the Sunshine Coast in general.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Adept at internet based search and navigation tools along with use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience posting content for social media, specifically Facebook and Instagram is preferred but not required.
- Previous hospitality or customer service experience is preferred, but not required.
The qualified applicant will be paid $19.00 per hour, depending on skills and experience.
In addition, you will gain exposure to local businesses, Chamber operations and board governance along with gaining area knowledge that will be of value in post-secondary education and future employment on the Sunshine Coast.
Your start date will be July 1st, for the rush of tourists and visitors coming to the Sunshine Coast, and will end on Labour Day.
Please include a resumé and a cover letter or description of why you think you are best suited for this job.
Only qualified applicants will be notified. Send your application to Chris Nicholls, Executive Director, Gibsons Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org