Gibsons and District Chamber of Commerce, Sunshine Coast BC
Why Join the Gibsons Chamber of Commerce
GIBSONS & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
“The Voice of Business on the Sunshine Coast”
The Gibsons & District Chamber of Commerce is here to support you. We represent businesses of all sizes, formats, segments and location. Members receive numerous promotional perks, exclusive advertising and networking options, and additional exposure for their companies or organizations. It’s actually quite simple– a chamber of commerce is a group that’s dedicated to protecting and promoting the local business community. The primary goal? To help business owners network and grow.
Our communication tools are: the Gibsons Chamber Web site www.gibsonschamber.com through our Chamber Connector Newsletter (goes to over 660 subscribers), - our Member2Member Bulletin (to over 220 members Coast Wide), Direct Mail
- To support your business we provide website directory listing with tile ad
- After Hours Event Host - present business / network / connect
- Member 2 Member promotion opportunities. Special incentives to other Chamber members to secure their patronage
- Workshops - Professional presenters of business oriented topics that will provide, information, tools, examples and updates on current markets
- Event Sponsoring allows you to key note presenter / speaker, a display of your business and receive advertising focus in newspapers, on the web, in our newsletters
- Chamber Window Display - be the sole advertiser in our large picture window display space in Sunnycrest Mall. High pedestrian traffic 7 days a week for a whole month.
- Card Racking at the Chamber office and in the Gibsons Visitor Information Centre in Lower Gibsons - 12,000 visitors throughout the prime tourism period
- Advertising Opportunity - Display signage at the VISITOR INFORMATION PARK on Stewart Rd at top of highway connector from Ferry Terminal. Up to 17,000 vehicles a day during busy Tourism Season.
2016 PROMOTION / MERCHANDISING / ADVERTISING /
EVENT SPONSORING OPPORTUNITIES - CALL THE OFFICE TO SCHEDULE
AFTER HOURS NETWORKING
Present your business to other business members. The third or fourth Wednesday of every month is set aside to have an After Hours Event from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
We will book a venue or you can even present at your OWN PLACE OF BUSINESS for, "Real on the Job Impact". A Member 2 Member bulletin will be sent out to over 220 businesses in advance multiple times advertising your business inviting other Chamber members to come and hear about YOUR business. Cost to you is to provide some appetizers / snack for the group while you have their attention. After speaking to them, there is an open floor for questions, inquiries and old fashion face to face networking to make contact and connect. Maybe there is a deal to be made? Already bookings received.
Call the office if interested and we can work with you.
EVENT SPONSORING - $300 / $600
Through out the year we have a number of special flagship events - Chamber Week in February, the AGM in March, Small Business Month in October and new this year will be Business Recognition Celebration (details will be posted).
Being the sole or shared sponsor (cost per event determined)will give you advertising through; newsletter, M2M notices, newspaper, signage, display and presentation opportunities. We will also have special guest speakers and display presentations that are topical and in support of all our business members. Call now to be part of our Major events.
WORKSHOPS - $100
Objective is to have a monthly Business Workshop that will address a wide range of subjects topics that are educational, informative and topical; targeted to business owners to assist them to remain competitive in today's market environment. You can be the sponsor of such event for $100 that will give you Advertising in newspaper, Member 2 Member bulletins to over 220 members, Promotion in the Chamber Connector Newsletter to over 600 subscribers coast wide.
WINDOW DISPLAY - $100
The front window space 12 feet wide x 10 feet tall x 3 feet deep is available for display merchandising and advertising about your business. For a complete month you will be able to build your own display (must fit the space) and promote, communicate and present YOUR business on a daily basis to the constant stream of high pedestrian traffic in Sunnycrest Mall that is open 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are booking now for the whole year (already have three bookings, so hurry fast)
SPECIAL ADVERTISING PROGRAM FOR VIP (VISITOR INFORMATION PARK) TO BE ANNOUNCED
Sunshine Coast BC Business News and Information
- Canada Summer Jobs Worshop
Feb 4, 2016Canada Summer Jobs and Open Door Employment Resource Centre are joining together to present a workshop on how businesses can take advantage of the Funds available as subsidies to create summer employment for students.
- Why Join the Gibsons & District Chamber of Commerce
Jan 19, 2016Advantageous of being a Gibsons & District Chamber of Commerce member.
- Small Business BC - Webinars
Nov 5, 2015Check out Small Business BC for training on line.
We have two new seminars: How to Motivate Your Employees for Success and Name Your Business for Success.
Sign up for news of upcoming Webinar schedule.
- Small Business Event Summary
Nov 5, 2015Oct.14 / 60+ Sunshine Coast businesses celebrated strength of Small Business on the Sunshine Coast. Event was co-sponsored by Kerns Furniture and Vital Signs along with special Recognition of Bob Hoy, Gibsons IGA. Sunshine Coast Success Stories.
- Premier Clark Announces Small Business Training Program
May 29, 2012The BC Chamber of Commerce today welcomed the announcement of the Micro Business Training Pilot Program by Premier Christy Clark at our 60th Anniversary AGM & Conference in Penticton.
- News Archives ...